Saturday, December 6, 2008

The best table I've had in a long time.

I was determined to go in to work with a good attitude. I was in at four, and was a first cut, so that meant I wouldn't come in at five to a section full of other peoples' tables, and I would be done after the dinner rush. I thought it was all going to go downhill as soon as I got there and saw that three out of my four tables were pushed together and sat with somebody else's groups. So I spent my first hour being grumpy, and having one table. Then the people left! Hooray! My three tables then got sat, and everybody was friendly and nice.

Then one of them left, and after cleaning it I returned to find it was gone. The whole table. They'd dragged it to another server's section because they had another big table. Ahrg! Down to two four-seater hightop tables and one lower round table that could seat up to seven. Luckily, I didn't have any campers or I'd've been screwed.

However, what really made my night was my seven top at my big round table. They were nice, and polite, and made it easy to wait on them--the ones I couldn't reach didn't hesitate to pass me glasses and empty plates, etc. We didn't chat a whole lot, it wasn't a really talkative table (at least not with me), but they were just nice. And then, the man who paid left me $30 on a $100 tab! He also talked to the manager and told them what a good job I did. Yeah!

Overall I made $73 after tip out, which was 20% of my sales. If I had more nights like this, this blog wouldn't even exist.

1 comment:

MikeTheWaiterDotCom said...

waitress,
isn't it nice to be around pleasant customers... even nicer when they tip well!
peace, mtw