Monday, December 8, 2008

Nothing to bitch about!

Tonight was pleasant enough. Not terribly busy. Not terribly slow. The only customer I had that really stuck out was this guy with a long beard, braided into two braids, who gave me the heebie jeebies. The one who took thirty seconds to read my name tag. Yeah.

I worked a double yesterday, and I think I had something to say about that ... but apparently it wasn't important enough to remember it.

I did have a dream about work today. Yes, today, not last night. I slept the day away (after my exam), and it was beautiful. Anyway, I had a dream about work, but it wasn't a typical work dream. Usually, I dream that I'm the only server, and the entire place is full, and people are angry and everything is going wrong. This one was very detailed; I know which section I was in and everything. I even remember the customers, because they were real customers! It actually might be the work sort of work dream to have. The hellish ones, it's easy to separate from reality. I know I've never worked in a restaurant where I have to climb a ladder while carrying trays, after all.

But the dreams that are just a normal day ... they just blend in to the mental background of the rest of my work days, and make it feel like I've been there longer than I have, like I never got a break

1 comment:

MikeTheWaiterDotCom said...

I am like you. When I have a restaurant related dream, I am usually in the weeds, knee dep in alligators. I wake up and don't want to go back to sleep!
have a good one,
mtw