Thursday, March 11, 2010

The first "late night" close.

It could have been worse. It was also the night of the "snugglebunny walkout", and like I said there Lapdog was in a good mood. That made it a lot more tolerable--I was thinking he'd be a horrible grouch all night.

Our last actual table came in about about 9:30, par for the course for a slow Monday night. There were two regular customers at the bar then; two more came in before 10:30. They all sat there nursing $1 beers for about an hour; then two left. The other two played a round of Wii bowling with me (or taught me how to play rather), then sat around nursing another couple of $1 beers and playing Wii sports until 12:30. Knowing we closed at midnight, I might add. Made a whole $54, which I promptly spent at Wal-Mart on dog food, cat food, and me food. Yippee.

I'm going to keep a tally of how many guests come in after our normal close time on the nights I work. First night: zero. Then again, it was the very first night, so I guess we couldn't expect much, right?

No comments: