Sunday, April 17, 2011

Life after Rehab.

The first night, it was eerie. Nobody's ringing curses bounced off the ceiling of the kitchen. Nobody was hurling ramekins of ranch at anyone. Nobody was charging back and forth, knocking people out of her way. Nobody screamed at me when she expo'd my order wrong. Nobody got kicked in the kneecap. Instead, Benedict Manager was on expo. She was quiet, effective, polite, and pleasant to work with.

Since then, they've had anybody they could get their hands on running expo. I hope the next person they hire is worth training. I don't think I can handle another Idiot Expo, for example. Honestly, I'm hoping they'll have a woman who expos occasionally now do it more often, because she doesn't fuck up, she doesn't scream, the cooks listen to her because she's dating one of them, and she used to serve so she doesn't freak out on us when we make mistakes.

Of course, every other regular expo we've had in the past has been the exact opposite of her, so I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

1 comment:

BB said...

I keep saying it...I don't miss it!