Thursday, April 26, 2012

I cannot focus worth a fuck.

The good news is that things my life, personally, are pretty okay. Fuckers at work are making me go into retention training next week, which seriously chaps my ass, but on the other hand I got my schedule changed so I don't have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn anymore. Except for the ten days of retention training of course. Shitty thing about that is Frat Boy isn't my boss any more, and he displayed so much awesomeness the day before my schedule change that it was almost worth the early morning hours. But working 2-10:30 is so much more my speed.

The boy is sort of around. I managed to borrow and scrape together the money to get my bankruptcy going before I get any more garnishments - I feel like a failure giving up on paying my debts, but after eight years of fighting .... yeah. Anyway. Stuff in my life is okay. Stuff in the lives of the people around me .... not so much. It ranges from simple (broken ankle, fired from job) to sad but inevitable (someone my mother cared about dying of cancer) to something I can't write about here, but that I would do literally anything to have prevented if I could have.

So even though I'm okay, between worrying about my family, and some of them piling endless drama on me, and adjusting to a reversed schedule, my focus is shot.  To quote a blog I fucking love, this has left me "almost completely useless for anything other than consuming nachos and surfing the internet like an attention-deficient squirrel on PCP."

But I will write about the aforementioned Frat Boy awesomeness soon!


No comments: