Friday, December 5, 2008

Holy hell, a good day!

Tonight's shift was quite nice. Some of that was because of the addition of cake--when people found out it was my birthday, and I sarcastically pretended to be upset I didn't have a cake like some other people have recently, one of the managers actually sneaked out and got me one. And then I got a really loud, frankly sort of obnoxious serenading by my coworkers. I could feel my face turning red--I don't really like to be sung to. But it's was sort of nice to have the people I seem to spend most of my time with acknowledge my uterine explusion day.

Nearly all the people working tonight were sort of friends, including my potential roommate. The two most fun managers were there. I had friendly tables, easy orders, no problems or complaints, and good percentage tips. It was sort of slow, so I only left with $35 after dinner and tip-out, but for a low-pressure, low-stress, snowy winter evening, that was okay. I am content.

Oh, and then there was the part where I kinda flashed a number of my coworkers. It was an accident!

1 comment:

MikeTheWaiterDotCom said...

waitress,
happy be-lated birthday, darlin'.
hope you have another great day today!
mtw