Friday, January 23, 2009

Better than I thought.

So despite last night's funk, I ended up doing okay. The whole night is sort of a blur; I don't remember any specific guests, or really specifically doing anything. Weird, right? But I guess it's good to know I can function well enough on autopilot to not screw everything up!

It's definitely nice to be back at my regular restaurant; I didn't appreciate how smoothly everything flows here until I was thrown back into the old one. I also didn't realize how difficult everything there was--just stupid things, like the necessary components for an iced tea being spread over ten feet of counter. And less-stupid things, like the cooks being slower than sloths stuck in frozen molasses.

I'm still pissed about the black pants thing, though.

2 comments:

Steven Nicolle said...

Looking forward to reading your posts. What is with the black pants. A uniform you had to spend too much money for to work at the restaurant?

purplegirl said...

No; some asshat corporate monkey decided we all need to wear head-to-toe black again, instead of the jeans we've been wearing for a year or more. Nevermind, you know, LOGIC.