Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What an absolutely boring shift.

Since Easter, the place has just been dead. The week before Easter, I cleared $400 in five shifts. This last week, I barely passed $200. I don't understand where everyone went, but I hope they come back soon, because god damn.

I find I get more easily irritated by peoples' stupidity when I have less tables, too. I think it's because I don't have eighty other things to keep my mind off it. Also, when you only have one or two tables at a time, it means more total trips--you can't bring drinks to 10 and ranch to 21 at the same time if 10 is there at five and 21 is there at seven, for instance. It's exhausting. I'm glad I had good company tonight or I might've been homicidal.

3 comments:

Steven Nicolle said...

Mother's Day is coming here so there will be a lull before that then it slows down during the summer.

jacque said...

When I'm slow I find myself forgetting the simplest things! Its annoying!

purplegirl said...

I didn't mean to ignore you guys! Stupid unreliable email notifications. The slowness has continued, hence the lack of stories! Grr, argh. :)