Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh yeah?

We had another kitchen crash tonight--by the end of it some people were waiting 45 minutes for their food again. I think it started when expo rightly refused to send out burned shrimpI don't really know why, I'm just glad that Lapdog took his ire out on the cooks and not the rest of the staff!

At the height of this mess, JJ was screaming at the cooks. "You know, it's really fucking frustrating when food is on 30 minutes and it's still fucking wrong! I need no onions on this." She threw a plate back in to the expo window. At first I was sympathetic--and the cooks are known to fuck up.

Then one of them fired back, "It says no green onion!"

"Well we don't even have green onions! There's no "onion" button, just put no fucking onion on here!" She tried to save it, but in the end she was the obvious asshole in the situation. Especially since there most certainly is a freaking onion button.

7 comments:

Steven Nicolle said...

That is a long time to wait for food. The guests must have been edgy to say the least.

vandervecken said...

oh NO! that's why it's important to check what you rang in before yelling at the line! it's like a double smackdown when a cook known to be sloppy gets to knock your sword out of your hand.

AZWaitress said...

Geez, I hate when things come out repeatedly wrong. Screws up everybody's flow!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Have any of the cooks ever gotten an award? :D
For anything?
::::howling:::::::::
I can't help myself tonight.
Where did you hide during all of this?

purplegirl said...

Waiter E, mine were fine--I was lucky, I had the right combination of laid back customers, customers with friends to talk to, and people who let me "manage" their wait. Other people ... not so lucky!

Vendervecken, you're exactly right! In this instance it was nice to see her get knocked down a peg though. :)

AZ, it drives me nuts! My mom always taught me that if you're going to do something, just do it carefully the first time--it'll take longer to fix it than to do it right the first time! Our cooks try to take shortcuts too often.

Mary, they have actually--the guy who just got fired had an employee of the month badge!
I didn't hide, I stood there smirking at her. :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Um, JJ sweeps the ice onto the floor and tells you you should be wearing non slip shoes?
Incredible.

purplegirl said...

I know, isn't that just fucking ridiculous?