Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good karma.

Turns out I'm not leaving for my trip as early as I thought, so I do have some time to write!

Usually, I feel like karma smacks me upside the head. I manage to avoid a shitty tipping table, and my next table is even worse. I pick up a shift thinking I'll make lots of money, and it's the slowest Wednesday in history. Etc. Etc. Tonight, I feel like I finally got some good karma.

Lapdog was working, and for once he was in a decent mood. He actually sat and talked to me for almost an hour (no tables the whole time, it was a very slow night), about music and food and miscellaneous stuff. He didn't ride my ass to get off the clock, and he didn't give me shit when I made a mistake. It was almost like he was body snatched. He even locked the door ten minutes early! I never thought that would happen!

But the best part was when I pulled out a booth to clean behind it ... and found a twenty! And it's not like I could find who it really belonged to, so it's mine now!

5 comments:

BB said...

Finding $$ is always a perk to one's day. Good for you. I don't miss the business for anything.

SkippyMom said...

Bonus money! Cool!

Although it was slow - it sounds like a pretty nice night.

Hope you have a safe trip and come back soon. Have fun.

PencilGirl said...

Yay for you! I love it when I have an unexpectedly nice day... :) :)
Hang on to that good karma as long as you can.. :D

Anonymous said...

Freakin' awesome! Finding a twenty like that is amazing. Makes up for those slow moments or those busy moments when someone should have left you a bit more.

DMT said...

Good Karma always brings money its like an spoken rule