Saturday, April 9, 2011

Oh, hell yes!

I suddenly was motivated to attach my little corporate monkey pins to my nametag – after all, I threw a hissy fit until I got my five year pin at year six, and then I wore it once because it's such a pain in the ass to put the damned things on and off my collar all the time. Not that I have that many. Somehow in my six years working for this company, I've never gotten one of their pins for “fun” or “teamwork” or anything. I have my year, three year, and five year pins, and a little bat I won in a Halloween contest. That last one I couldn't find, and I had a vague memory of it being in the inner pocket of one of my many (many, many, many) purses. So I started going through them.

I did find the bat pin. I also found a Chinese food receipt from 2007, a “get out of sidework” card from a contest I won, a key I have no idea what it belongs to, a handful of change, and a hair accessory I'd been missing. But most exciting was when I reached into the pocket of the first purse I pulled out. I almost didn't even search that one because I was fairly sure the pin wouldn't be in there. Thank good I did, though: I found forty freaking dollars! That's just been sitting in my spare room since August!

The funny thing is that I remember very clearly when that cash went missing. I remember going to the bank and thinking I'd lost money, and then deciding I must've spent it somewhere without realizing it.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for bonus money! I love going through old handbags and finding (for my example) a 2gig SD card from my camera that I forgot I had. Was missing for over a year.

SkippyMom said...

Awesome! That is why I like doing laundry. No one empties their pockets here. Some weeks I could buy groceries :D.

Congrats and enjoy.

Sauce said...

That happened in my ski pants. It's a pretty awesome surprise to find forty bucks that spent all off-season in your pocket after getting raped buying a lift ticket. Finding money is so wonderful.

BB said...

Finding money is the best. I'd say this was a very rewarding treasure hunt!

Flippingtables said...

Enjoyed catching up on your posts tonight! check out my restaurant life blog if you please! thanks!