Saturday, November 19, 2011

And in the "who gives a fuck" department ...

Most of the time, Dolly drives me fucking crazy and I want to grab her by the face out of the bar and make my own drinks. So usually if a customer complained about her, I'd wonder if this will be the straw that gets her ass kicked out. But tonight's complaint was just .... oi.

It was a busy night, and so a couple with their five year old daughter chose to sit at the bar instead of wait for a table. We're a family place so that isn't that uncommon. The little girl was adorable - you know, for crotchspawn -- and loved being up on a high stool where she could see everything. She was also dancing to some our ridiculously loud music.

Well, one of the songs that came on was LMFAO's "Sexy And I Know It". I kind of think it's a hilarious song, and the video is definitely .... interesting. Anyway, there's a part in the song where he says "wiggle" over and over. So the little girl had been bopping to this very catchy song, and when it got to the wiggle part, Dolly said something like "can you wiggle?" And she and this cute little kid started wiggling.

Now, anybody will a brain can probably picture this. Think how a five year old is going to wiggle -- that's what Dolly was doing right along with her, goofy and with a big grin on her face. The kid's parents were laughing, they absolutely loved it. The other bar guests were laughing. It was great .... until one of Cat-Eye's table called her over. They said it was inappropriate, that they had children with them who didn't need to see that kind of behavior, and they wanted to pay for their food -- which they weren't even going to wait for -- RIGHT NOW because they were leaving and would never be back.

You couldn't make this shit up.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG people are so uptight. What "church" did this freak family come from?/

Squishy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

we had a man complain, not to me but to the cashier on the way out, about the dog we let in. It was a person's service dog

Anonymous said...

Anon - I've waited on a table that had a service dog. He laid down under the table without a peep. Had I not seen them being seated, I wouldn't have ever known he was there. Yep, someone complained about him. Sheesh, some people are fucktards.

PurpleGirl - Holy fuck, people are fucking retarded. So, um, if they were close enough to see and hear all that, weren't THEY eating in the bar with their children? How is that acceptable but a little fun with a kid is not? Eh? Eh?? ;)

Pand3mic said...

Ugh. Stupid people!

I finally caught up on your entries! Keep posting.

Rachel said...

You can work in the service industry for years, and still be shocked by the glorious displays of entitlement that some people will throw. I wonder if they yell at people on the curb near their houses for being too inappropriate for their child?

Caveman said...

I have been bartending for over 15 years and the random acts of stupidity displayed so proudly by people still amazes me each and every shift. Love your stories..I added you to my blogroll.

WillG said...

Poor Dolly! I admit this song was annoying though but entertaining nonetheless. Well this post certainly reminds me of the time when I worked as a chef. It was a great job but the pay was not enough for my mortgage.
Now I am working
from home selling import export goods
online, mostly digital items and gifts for this upcoming Christmas. My profits have been looking great and I was able to pay off my mortgage also.
Everyone can do this, work from home and earn big profits online. The question is HOW and WHERE to find info.

DMT said...

Those people are even less mature than a the kid. They're the ones sexualising an innocent kid who has no concept of what sex is. I wonder if the spend their time trawling Disney cartoons and various form literature works for "subliminal sexual messages"