Sunday, October 7, 2012

Still a former waitress.

The new job is going well; but I'm hesitant to write much about it because the last time I wrote about something really good in my life, I lost it literally the next day. Superstitious, who, me?

On the old restaurant front, Fud got fired for doing something everybody's done for years. When we got stiffed, most of the managers were very understanding and would discount the ticket by ten percent to at least cover the tax/tip-out factor. If they'd left a card out, we'd just do it. Well, Fud got caught doing it without permission by the new manager, who informed her that was theft from the company and canned her ass.

I also have a better idea of why he wouldn't let me come back to work there. I went over to Mistress J's for margaritas the other night, and she told me that he'd been trying to get rid of her for a while too, because before Chicken Little left, she had filled half a notebook with notes about all the employees and past employees, as well as customers she did and didn't like. Since the new guy had just started when I tried to get my job back, that would have been fresh in his mind.

Of course, the company got bought out by a new corporation that is completely uptight. They're changing uniforms back to black slacks, long-sleeved button-up black shirts, no tattoos, no piercings except ONE in each ear, blah blah blah, changing all sorts of rules about how things work, took away everybody's seniority -- Mistress J has been there for six years, so she had three paid weeks of vacation a year, and the new company said that because it wasn't with them, it's gone. I think there have got to be some laws about that.

Anyway, the new job is much better, and the new company that owns the restaurant sucks, but I do still miss my friends. And the cash would have been nice. Oh well!

12 comments:

Rogue Wino said...

Wow, a notebook full of notes about employees and customers? That's not psychotic or anything

~*~MizTink~*~ said...

^^I was thinking the same thing Rogue....

JoeinVegas said...

New company, their rules.

Anonymous said...

Damn, CL really was bats hit crazy.

Anonymous said...

Fucking autocorrect. BATSHIT.

DMT said...

CL must be mentally ill I wonder how she plans to destroy the supermarket she's now working for. If you ask me you dodged a bullet, both with your old restaurant and Blue Crustacean, if you've been following Fuckmytable's blog.

DMT said...

CL must be mentally ill I wonder how she plans to destroy the supermarket she's now working for. If you ask me you dodged a bullet, both with your old restaurant and Blue Crustacean, if you've been following Fuckmytable's blog.

purplegirl said...

Yep, she's completely fucking crazy. I haven't heard anything about how her new job is going, but I'm keeping an ear to the ground because it's destined to be hilariously awful for everyone involved. Which, hey, ISN'T ME! Hahahaha!

nahidworld said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding me! You say that the boss allows and condones waiters to downsize the bills by 10 percent and then gives the money to the waiter as cash? That is entirely illegal and against IRS regs. I'm reporting you now!

Aunty Pol said...

LMAO..I had to come back and read this for the chuckle...I work for Tax Attorneys and the randomness of reporting this to any and all RO agents is too good to pass up !
It's been one of those days here at the reception desk so thanks again for the grin that I refuse to explain to co-workers.
Waving from Houston PG

SkippyMom said...

I too, agree with Aunty Pol and am still laughing.

Really the only thing illegal was the server doing it himself.

Ah, the unwashed and anonymous masses that don't understand the true meaning of the words anonymous, taxes and how servers are actually taxed.