Monday, July 28, 2014

A fair trade.

So I've been back slinging hash for a while now, and I've been a little anxious, wondering if I was going to end up just depleting my savings and finding myself living shift to shift again. I felt like I couldn't possibly be making as much as I was before, and I was starting to freak out.


Yeah. Turns out that, while I did make $78 (after taxes) less this month than at my desk job .... I worked 75 fucking hours less. Seventy-five hours! That's more than three entire extra days of my damn life I got back.

I'm good with that.

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

That's wonderful and I bet you like doing this just a bit better than being a cubicle girl?

I'd eat $78 in a heartbeat if it meant 3 whole days to myself and family.

You've got this PG. You've got this.

Bitter. Party of 1 said...

I am so glad you wrote this! I can't tell you how many times I wonder if I would be doing better at a desk job. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.