Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Hit my stride!

Well, after my first two rough shifts ... I'm back on the horse. I've got the changes to the computer system down, I've now seen all of the new menu items and have gotten them cemented in my mind, and basically, life is good. Oh, not to say I'm perfect. Far from it. I still totally forgot that one guy's ranch and rang in the wrong item for that other woman (why does corporate make the buttons so similiar?). But now that I've got a few more days under my belt .... feeling good!

I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying it, actually. I mean, my stamina is totally shot - a three hour shift kicks my ass. I can't imagine how bad it would be if I hadn't been doing the pizza thing since August! And the restaurant heat blows as much as ever - but feels good as well. I hate sweating unless it's because I'm doing something productive.

I'm slightly concerned I'll have a lack of stories now that I don't have my bitch on quite as often .....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't have to be a rant, we like hearing from you either way.

Your blog provides salt to a bland, drudgery of a country.

purplegirl said...

Aw, thank you!