Thursday, November 13, 2008

Marinara menstrual pants

Since I can't sleep, I might as well write. One of the most annoying and hilarious things I've ever had happen while waitressing involved khaki pants and cocktail sauce. I know the title says marinara; I remembered it was cocktail after writing the title, and "cocktail menstrual pants" just doesn't have the same ring.

At any rate, I was carrying a stack of plates to the kitchen and things started to slip. I tried to save them, but one ramekin of cocktail sauce got free. Luckily, the way it landed, the spray of sauce was perpendicular to me, so it didn't hit any customers. It did, however, spray sauce in a continuous line up the inside of my right leg. I tried to get the color out with a towel and our lovely sanitizing stuff, but it didn't work.

So for the rest of the night, I got to walk around looking like I'd had my period early or something. The stains did eventually come out, but whoever thought khaki pants were a good idea in a restaurant? FAIL. Almost as bad as white shirts--EPIC fail. I was glad when we switched to black pants, and even more glad when we switched to jeans!

No comments: