Sunday, February 8, 2009

I've made it six months.

Six months of serving being my only job. And for the most part, I've been alright. But the last few weeks ... the last few weeks, I remember why I quit doing this full time in the first place.

It's not the dealing with stupid and/or obnoxious people--all my jobs have involved that. And I'm not too shabby at dealing with them most of the time. But the combination of dealing with stupid people and having my ability to pay my bills depend on those people? That right there is a deadly combination.

My plan was to stick with this serving thing for a couple of years while I finish school--you can't beat it for flexible hours. But I don't know if I'm going to make it.

3 comments:

Steven Nicolle said...

Do it just till you finish school and get out. Don't look back. Just remind yourself each lousy shift that this is the reason you are going to school. Use it as your motivation.

purplegirl said...

That's my plan. Some day it's easier than others. :)

Bev Rage said...

I waitressed for 10 years, while my friends went to university and while they started working at "REAL" jobs. When I decided to go back to school, I didn't need a loan, I'd saved enough. Now I am debt free and own my own business, and my friends are STILL paying off their loans. Hang in their Purple Girl. It's worth it in the end ( but get out before 10 years LOL, don't get sucked in like I did)