Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Not even at work and I want to stab someone.

I'm at the store deli, buying some delicious smoked gouda. And the woman next to me is being so fucking rude! The guy helping her speaks perfect English, although with an accent, and she is just getting ridiculously frustrated with him. He asked her if she wanted the Boar's Head or the store brand, and she heaved a huge sigh and says, "NO! I said half a pound of blah blah blah." so he repeats his question and she gets more snotty. The third time she looks over at me with this "can you believe this?" expression on her face.

So I repeated what he had asked her. I hope my tone made her realize she was being a bitch.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

pixienighingale said...

I've seen people get that look - and obviously she doesn't know how to read if she didn't understand his question. Mostly because I ASSUME Boar's Head is a f'ing brand.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

good for you ;)

Dragonfly said...

Ha, you were kind. If I were in your shoes, I would have snottily said "MISS he's asking what BRAND you want, stop being stupid and start listening to the question."

But then, I've lost ALL patience for stupidity and ignorance lately. ;)

purplegirl said...

Pixie, you're right. Funny how you could figure that out without even standing in front of the case full of Boar's Head products. :)

Thanks Mary. :)

Elyse, I thought about it! Guess I just wasn't feeling very confrontational that day. :)

ktree said...

smoked gouda is the BEST CHEESE. Also, go you :)