Monday, January 18, 2010

Wait, you mean we didn't need to panic?

So the corporate visit I avoided? Turns out it was nothing. No, really.

The regional manager met another business colleague for lunch--apparently he didn't even go in to the back to look at the kitchen!

The vice president of the company that bought us last year did come in, and did walk through the back. He was there for all of an hour.

So, you know, totally worth raking everybody over the coals for, right? I mean, I understand being stressed about it--the first time our district manager came in when I was managing a clothing store, my blood pressure was so high I thought I was going to pass out. But CL shouldn't worry--our store is consistently at the top of the boards for customer ratings, food cost, low employee turnover, etc. etc. She got an award at the company's conference last year; we're a training store for new managers. It's not like we're a problem store that's going to be scrutinized and overhauled. Which is why I wasn't worried about losing my job or anything--only being screeched at by CL and Lapdog!

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

The irony here is too good ;)
CL got an award? For training managers?

purplegirl said...

Isn't it insane?