Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pen dilemma!

A few weeks ago we had to hand out and collect e-mail list cards to our tables. This, of course, gave cutomers double the chances to steal my goddamn pens! And steal them they did. So I stopped at Office Max tonight to replenish, and found myself baffled. It shouldn't be so hard to pick out pens!



But I'm strangely a little less cranky when I have pens I like to take orders with, which is why for a few months I was carrying "me" pens in one pocket and "those bastards" pens in the other. Unfortunately, my $2 purple pens were popular with my coworkers and any time I left one by my crossword it vanished. Plus, the ink ran out fairly quickly.



So I vetoed those. But I wanted clicky pens--I hate getting pen marks all over my hands when I reach in to my pockets. And I wanted ones that write smoothly, I hate pointy pens that tear my paper. And I wanted colors but I don't like orange and green pens. Why? Uh, I don't know, just don't. And I prefer blue to black. And I like pens that feel smooth outside, without textured plastic or anything odd like that.



Yeah, I'm stupidly picky about pens. I ended up with two four packs of roller ball pens in red, blue, black, and purple. Let's see how long it takes for bitches to steal them.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

8 comments:

Naseem said...

I'm like that with pens too. I have to have that one particular pen that I know I will be happy with. :)

kitkat22788 said...

i love pens, and i also happen to work for the lovely store you went to! A good click pen ( my FAVORITE) is the papermate profile pens. they have packs of blue and black, or a multi pack that has a purple one in it!

♥ Caz said...

I definitely bring my own pens to work.
Work pens always goes missing, I don't really know why.

Most of time I can keep my pen without anyone stealing them, but I am inclined to certain pens. :)

Steven Nicolle said...

I have to have the clicky pens too so I don't get ink all over me. I hate that!

Caleb said...

Pilot G-2 are my favorite pens to write with. They are a little expensive but they write so well. They have a good grip and are good clickers.

dirtydisher said...

How come at home I end up with crummy pens? I buy bice ones, where do they go?? I have to start eating out more and stealing good ones. Heh.

purplegirl said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's particular about my pens. :)

yamiblue990 said...

i'm very particular about my pens as well. thus is why the variety i buy has been getting my money by a box or two worth of them every semester since they first came out. that's why uniball signo with the 207 gel keeps my business. the fact that it doesn't dry out fast in the arizona heat and the ink won't run if water gets on the paper helps greatly. bit expensive but well worth it for a comfortable pen to write with even when one's hand is cramping from writing so fast