Friday, August 12, 2011

Dumb Question Of The Day Award

I've often thought about making a "dumb question of the day feature". The problem is that so often, it's the same stupid questions repeated over and over:

Do you have a bathroom?
Do you have lemons?
Do you have napkins?
What's the difference between boneless and bone-in wings?
Do margaritas get free refills?
Etc.

Today's was fairly benign, but it just really makes me wonder: do people ever stop to think before the open their mouths? Twice tonight I was asked the following: "What's strawberry iced tea?"

4 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

Looks to me like the average intelligence level has decreased, you just seem to have proof of it.

Libby said...

My favorite is, "do you have a bathroom?", followed by her sister, "do you know where the bathroom is?".

Aunty Pol said...

Free Margarita refills ?

Sign My Ass Up Pronto !

LMAO

Waving from Houston

Brad Stewart said...

I just stumbled onto your blog and I've been loving these restaurant stories. Mostly because I've lived them all myself and I don't have to anymore. I'm glad you've escaped the restaurant industry as well. I'm a comedian that was finally able to quit this year after almost 20 years of this shit! Oh happy fucking day! Here is some of my comedy about waiting tables you may enjoy: http://youtu.be/09esBdR2UGQ

Keep up the great work and remember: the customer is always right...unless they're FUCKING WRONG!