Thursday, April 12, 2012

Intolerable.

That's how my job has felt the last few weeks. Every time my headset beeps I grind my teeth. And I'm not 100% sure why. I've never burnt out on a job this fast before. And I didn't get the great job I interviewed for last week and really thought I had in the bag.

I think a lot of the problem is that we're not allowed to do anything between calls now. If I could spend the thirty seconds to a minute between stupid people and their stupid questions reading, I wouldn't feel like I'm going insane. Instead all I can do is stare at the wall, and it's pissing me the fuck off.

Not to mention that it gives me too much time to think, by which I mean worry. About my family, about my completely fucked up financial situation, about the boy (although that's changed a lot, to sum up my feelings have cooled and he's not using me for anything I'm not using him for if you get my drift).

I'm glad I have a job. It's not that bad. But the last couple of weeks I feel like I just can't take it. I just have to hold on another couple of weeks and then I can request a schedule change - part of my issue is having to be up so damn early. It just kills me. Going on five months here and it's not getting better. If I can just get on a later shift, with shorter hours, I think it'll be easier on me. God I hope so, or I might end up waitressing again.

In less whiny, happier news, I got another tattoo!

3 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Aww, I am sorry to hear this because I really thought you liked that job. But if you haven't adjusted to morning hours by now [and I know I couldn't either] then a schedule change should help immensely.

I hope you are seeing your doctor because sometimes you are tired, worn out, etc and it turns out you are sick - and they can help. Feeling healthy, with energy goes a long way to a happy outlook, right?

I will keep my fingers crossed that until you get a new job you get your shift change. Keep your chin up girlie. It isn't always so tiresome. And Spring is here. . .there is a lot to be thankful for. I know you know.

Hugs and email me if you need anything. You know where to find me.

DMT said...

I'm with skippy mom here, what your describing has all the hall marks of work related stress, it's not the job itself, but the working environment which is acting as a focal for all the outside stresses to gather and play on your mind. Stress effects people in different ways some people have meltdowns, some get angry, some have physical reactions like rashes and hives, some like myself have asthma attacks and some get depressed. In my honest opinion you should consult your GP the longer it's left to fester the more damage it does.

Btw can I see the new tat?

Unknown said...

Wouldn't you make more money waitressing in the right place?

http://complaintothemanager.blogspot.com/