Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ah, vindication!

We had a pre-shift meeting today, during which CL whipped out three months' worth of survey results. The company finally pulled their head out of their ass and changed our surveys to a new company that doesn't, well, suck. The way questions are stated is a lot less leading, the scoring system isn't weighted against us from the start, and it's generally much better.

Still, I was nervous as soon as she brought them out. The last time we were getting survey results regularly, she was flipping the fuck out all the time. To my surprise, though, she was glowing with pride. Apparently, our scores over three months left the rest of the district in the freaking dust. That doesn't surprise me, now that we have a better system. For all the flaws in the restaurant, we generally do a good job of taking care of our customers.

The sheets she had were a print-out of the 68 positive comments we'd gotten in the last three months. Actually, it's the comments attached to surveys where people rated their overall satisfaction greater than “satisfied.” So there could be other positive comments about certain things, just paired with slightly lower ratings.

Anyway, 68 in three months? That's freaking awesome. And apparently we only had 10 negative comments in the same time period! But like I said, that doesn't really surprise me. I said I wished I could see all of the comments (the print-out was screwy and the comments were chopped off) because there were 5-7 with my name on them. CL said, her tone a mix of pride and surprise, “I know! You're all over it!”

Thanks for the confidence.

4 comments:

BB said...

Nice going! It's nice to hear positive things more often. A smart manager will do just that!

Anonymous said...

Yay, congrats to you! Must be going around, because I got two awesome survey responses last week and corporate recognized it. Yay!!

JoeinVegas said...

All over it

DMT said...

Congrats I'm glad to hear it, hopefully the survey writers were as generous with their tips as they were with their praise