Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Logic? Cannot be.

I was shocked to walk in to work last week and see there were only seven people on the floor on a Monday night. I figured somebody had to have called in sick, or a lot of people requested the day off or something – because that's the level of scheduling we used to operate at, back when I actually used to make enough money to pay my bills. But when I came in a few days later it had happened again. And again. And again. Friday I had four tables, which is an improvement over the three table sections they've been handing out on weekends. Last night I had a six table section for the first time since … shit, almost a year, since last November.

Miraculously, it seems as if cold hard logic has finally busted through CL's over-staffing panic. I think it came about in the form of an area manager bitch-slap over labor hours, but whatever the cause, I just hope it stays this way.

3 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

I hope it stays that way, and you can start making some more money. Good luck

Babs n Bacchus said...

Yay for logic! Nothing worse than too many servers on the floor

SkippyMom said...

Fingers crossed it stays that way for you. I have to agree - nothing worse than over staffing. Good luck and LOTSA' money!