Friday, October 15, 2010

Adventures in home improvement.

(Sponsored.)

When I lived with my aunt, she went on this crazy home-improvement kick and decided to tear up the linoleum in her kitchen. She went out and bought stacks and stacks of tiles -- when then sat around the house for months before she got around to doing anything with them. I hit my toes on those damn things stumbling home in the middle of the night more times than I can count! And then when she finally got around to installing the tile, well .... it didn't go as she hoped. Probably largely because she entrusted the grouting and sealing to my dear, sweet, teenaged cousins.

At least when the time came to re-do the bathroom tiles, she'd learned from her mistake. So instead of buying heavy ceramic proper tiles, she went for ... um, black and white peel-and-stick linoleum patches that sort of looking like subway tiles. Of course, she didn't properly prepare the floors before doing that either, so those were peeling up within a couple of months!

And the moral of the story is ..... uhhh ... don't do home improvement projects yourself if you're too lazy to do it right. Yeah, let's go with that.

No comments: