Sunday, August 5, 2012

She actually left!

Well, Chicken Little's last day was yesterday. She is officially gone. And, of course, she is still officially a bitch. I had forgotten there was a going away party for her that night, and they it was at the restaurant. So my cousin and I went in for dinner because it was close to our grandma's and cheap. I thought I'd be the better person, be polite, so I went out on the patio and was talking to someone. CL looked at me, turned around, and ignored me. I thought about walking away, but then decided I'd just try to be a thorn in her side one last time. So I stood there while she unwrapped two presents. They were sweet -- Dolly had made a collage of pictures, and then another that just had four pictures and said something sappy about memories in the middle. Of course, 99% of those pictures she had stolen from Work Wife's Facebook without asking, but whatever. One of the pictures, CL pointed at and said "except I fired that girl!" I couldn't see which girl she was pointing at, but she didn't fire JJ or L. Stupid bitch.

Anyway, I waited a few minutes and finally just went up and spoke directly to her, almost interrupting. "Hi! I actually just came in for dinner with my cousin--"
"Oh good!" she said, clearly relieved I hadn't actually come for her party.
"-but I wanted to say good luck!" I gave her my biggest smiled.
She actually hugged me and said "Thank you! Enjoy your dinner!" .... and then turned away as if I didn't exist.

Whatever. Didn't want to chat anyway, just her fakeness annoys me. I went back in and enjoyed my dinner. Tonight I put in my application again -- because I miss my friends and because the new job will just barely pay my bills. I was talking to Mistress J the other day about it, and wondering if HotPants or Lapdog would let me come back. She suggested I call the new area manager and tell her about the fact that I never really planned to leave, I just wasn't being scheduled, and see if she can help me get back in. I'm not sure yet if I want to, because I don't want Lapdog or Hotpants to be pissed off at me for going over their heads.

However, I do have another reason to call her: I have no idea what CL put down in my employee file regarding me leaving, and I totally do not trust the bitch to not have put in that she fired me or I quit without notice. So I can call the new area manager and ask her to check that. Still pondering overall though. But I'm going to need a second job, unless a better paying full time job comes through before that starts ....

4 comments:

Emmy said...

Just let her bask in her pretentious glory until she gets to her new job and realizes she can't do shit :D

Anonymous said...

Hey do you have a contact email?

purplegirl said...

Emmy, that's exactly what I intend to do!

Anonymous, I do. slightlycranky at hotmail.com.

DMT said...

ding dong the witch is dead!

Good to see some good news come your way now get your ass back in there! (